Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year from Open Range Magazine and The Glenrock Bird

HAHHPPPP---EEEEE  NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

And what a New Year it will be!  Ahhh.. the great and wonderous 2010.... a clean slate ... plenty of Jim Beam, two amazing publications The Open Range Magazine and The Glenrock Bird and amazing employees and alas... my husband, whom I love with all my heart.   BUT WAIT!   In my reflection of the year of 2009, filled with some of thee worst crap I have ever had to deal with, let me state my amazing love for the Lord who makes my crazy mind click...  without whom I would never ever have come as far as I have come on a wing and a prayer (ok, lets be honest folks, it was really on the wings of a jet airliner (enter Steve Miller Band) that barely made its landing, complete with skid marks on the runway and in my underpants, and the underpants of my staff.

Yessirree folks, I don't know how we did it, how we made it from the end of 2008 (which was followed closely by the beginning of the worse year of my life 2009) to the first day of 2010 (which I am certain will be the best year of my life... after all I am turning 40 this year... but, I digress)...  speaking of digress, am I the only one who uses dot dot dot when I feel like believing the reader will actually understand my emotions as I was typing this, by separating my thoughts with an occasional (oh who am I kidding, its never really occasional) dot dot dot?

I had sushi last night... I am addicted to sushi... it was amazing.  If ever anyone were to give me a gift, it should be sushi.  That's it...... or money... in the form of very large bills.

There is something to be said for spending New Years Day at home, with the fireplace going, four extremely large dogs laying about the house, husband intent on watching the Rose Bowl, snoring in the lay-z-boy next to me, and the knowledge that we made it to a new year, and that God must surely have something planned for me, or he wouldn't have allowed me to be here this day:  watching with surety, that Ohio State will surely have their asses handed to them on a silver platter this New Years Day.  Ahhh yes, how can a New Year not be grand, when the Rose Bowl is hosting Oregon and Ohio State?  All the while watching one of the most courageous men of the year, Captain Skully, toss the coin.  I'm telling you Open Range Magazine and Glenrock Bird readers.... it just doesn't get any better than this.

I wish each and every one of you a beautiful afternoon this first day of 2010, and a very prosperous and Blessed year.  Remember, with God we are capable of anything...

God Bless!  (oh, and cheers!  I've started on the Jim Beam...clink!)
Amanda Smith
Editor
Open Range Magazine
www.openrangemagazine.com
The Glenrock Bird
www.theglenrockbird.com